Partnering with the Town of Osoyoos, Regional District of Similkameen Area A, Osoyoos Indian Band and Tourism BC to encourage tourism by:
- The community will pursue sustainable tourism that provides for meaningful destination experiences while respecting the area's natural and cultural heritage - these experiences will be characterized by authenticity and quality;
- The development of tourism will improve the quality of life enjoyed by local residents and will enhance both the economic health and the aesthetics of the community;
- Tourism sector planning, development, management and marketing will be based on a collaborative partnership approach at both the community and regional level, and will seek to be consumer focused and responsive to visitor expectations;
- The development of tourism will focus on increasing visitor spend and overall yield rather than simply numbers to ensure sustainability, while at the same time maintaining a response to the needs of the traditional family visitor associated with peak summer months;
- The tourism marketing and management function of Destination Osoyoos will be driven by a business perspective that treats tourism as a major integrated sector of the overall economy with clear objectives for growth that include generating social and economic benefits, heritage and cultural promotion and protection, and environmental management; and,
- The Town of Osoyoos, its business community and citizens will recognize the significance of tourism to the economy and will foster a positive environment for its development.