Wine Growers British Columbia is delighted to announce that the provincial government has proclaimed April 2023 as BC Wine Month. The sixth annual April is BC Wine Month began this month, setting off four weeks of celebrating local 100% BC wine.
“April is BC Wine Month marks a celebration of all that the BC wine industry has achieved as well as the remarkable potential for future growth,” said Miles Prodan, CEO & President of Wine Growers British Columbia. “The economic contribution of the BC grape wine industry is significant at 3.75 billion in 2019, an 86.7 per cent increase from 2011. This impressive growth is a testament to the dedicated efforts of the BC wine industry community, in whose honour we dedicate April is BC wine month.”
The excitement of BC Wine Month will be visible across the province at wineries, restaurants, wine shops, and online. Wines of British Columbia is offering a range of options from education and new vintage releases, to where to find the best BC wine restaurants, encouraging everyone to support local this month.
Learn Something New
The Wines of BC Ambassador Program is a series of educational courses exclusively focused on BC wine. Level one is an online certification course with valuable information on the BC wine history, varieties, styles, unique climate, and food pairing expertise.
Get certified now – $79 value offered complimentary for BC Wine Month!
Promo code: BCWineMonth
Level Two of the Ambassador Program is an in-class learning experience open to all trade, media and industry. Spring dates and locations are available at WineBC.com. Level One is a pre-requisite for Level Two.
Taste Something New
The 2022 vintage BC wines are hitting the shelves! Refreshing whites, rosés, and sparkling all make their debut this time of year. BC wine lovers can find the latest releases through the Wines of BC Explorer App (don’t miss the taste test feature). For those looking for an in-depth overview of the 2022 vintage, the latest BC Wine Grape Vintage Report is now available.
Graze something new
Wines of BC has put together a list of the Best BC Wine Restaurants. Search by city and browse our Pour More BC partners who are crafting dining experiences around local BC wine.
Find the Best BC Wine Restaurant near you
BC Wine Facts
- British Columbia’s wine industry provides stable, value-added farming and manufacturing jobs to more than 14,200 people throughout the province
- There are 335 licensed grape wineries and 1,049 vineyards covering 11,086 acres of planted vineyard land in the province of British Columbia
- Each year, BC’s wineries welcome more than 1,191,500 visitors and contribute an annual economic impact of $3.75 billion
- BC wines took home over 1,500 medals in national and international wine award competitions in 2022
- Top three white wine varieties are: Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, and Gewurztraminer
- Top three red wine varieties are: Merlot, Pinot Noir, and Cabernet Sauvignon