Destination Osoyoos continues to monitor the situation closely to ensure the most up-to-date information is available and recommended practices and protocols are followed.
The information below is precautionary and for information sharing purposes. It does not indicate any additional risk in our community. For additional resources, please visit hellobc.com.
Like you, we’re passionate about exploring BC. But now is not the time to travel. Please stay home and follow the advice of health authorities.
Do your part now, so we can all explore BC again later. In the meantime, find the official links below for the most up-to-date information.
For tourism industry updates about COVID-19, please visit Destination BC’s corporate website, here.
Local Business Resources
If you are a business in Osoyoos and area, there are a number of resources available. Download these COVID-19 business resources from the Town of Osoyoos Planning and Development Services and small business resources from the Government of British Columbia.
What to do in suspected cases of COVID-19
If you have symptoms and may have been exposed to COVID-19, call your local primary care provider or 8-1-1 to arrange for safe testing. Those who are deaf or hard of hearing can call 7-1-1.
Hotels are currently listed as an essential service in the province of British Columbia. If you need accommodations, please book directly through the property. Click here to view all accommodation options.
What you Need to Know:
The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) is working with provinces, territories, and international partners, including the World Health Organization, to actively monitor the situation. The current assessment indicates that the overall risk to Canadians remains low. Public health risk is being continually reassessed as new information becomes available.
Canada’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak takes a whole-of-government approach, based on plans and guidance related to pandemic preparedness. For an overview on the national response to the virus outbreak, including national updates, travel advice and links to official sources of information, visit PHAC’s Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Canada’s response page.
For detailed information about Canada’s response, including the measures already taken to respond to the outbreak, new investments to limit the spread of the virus and prepare for its potential impacts, and more, on the Government of Canada takes action on COVID-19 page.
For any questions, call the Health Canada COVID-19 information line: 1-833-784-4397, or email: email@example.com
The World Health Organization (WHO)
For the latest global updates on COVID-19, visit the World Health Organization’s worldwide outbreak update here.
The World Health Organization (WHO) and the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) have issued a joint statement on international cooperation as key to the containment of COVID-19. Read it here.
Planning and Prevention Measures
To protect people in BC against the COVID-19 and mitigate the impact of this illness on communities, the BC government and the provincial health officer have developed the British Columbia Pandemic Provincial Co-ordination Plan to respond to the evolving outbreak. Phase 1 of the plan is underway, addressing identification and containment. As new COVID-19 materials are produced, they will be published on the BC government’s Pandemic Preparedness page.
To protect yourself and do your part in containment of the virus, follow the same advice for cold and flu season: wash your hands often with soap and water, cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, avoid others who are unwell, and stay home when you are sick. Visit the BC Centre for Disease Control (BC CDC)’s website here for more detailed preventative measures.
To ensure our industry can effectively contribute to the containment of COVID-19, cooperation is key. Businesses can do their part in preventing potential transmission by referring to WHO’s Getting Your Workplace Ready for COVID-19 here.
Osoyoos Business Updates
In an effort to encourage social distancing and prevent the spread of COVID-19, our local businesses in Osoyoos are taking preventative measures in order to help protect our community and provide a safe environment for visitors, and residences alike. Please see below for temporary business closures, special hours, or services being offered during this time.
In an effort to take preventative measures against the spread of COVID-19, and for the health and safety of our visitors, residences, and businesses, the Osoyoos Visitor Centre is now offering virtual visitor services only.
Osoyoos Business and Services*:
*Please note that this information changes frequently, and we recommend contacting specific businesses to confirm hours of operation or services offered.
TOWN OF OSOYOOS AND COMMUNITY SERVICES
• Osoyoos trails and beaches: OPEN
• All Public washrooms: CLOSED
• Skateboard Park: CLOSED
• Osoyoos Dog Park: CLOSED
• Kinsmen Park Playground: CLOSED
• Lions Park Playground: CLOSED
• Pickleball Courts: CLOSED
• Sunbowl Arena: CLOSED
• Sonora Community Centre: CLOSED
• Osoyoos Library: CLOSED
• Osoyoos Firehall: CLOSED
• Desert Park: CLOSED
• Public tennis courts: CLOSED
• Osoyoos Town Office: CLOSED | Osoyoos Town Office can be reached at: 250.495.6515 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.osoyoos.ca
• Planning and Development Services: CLOSED | Planning and Development Services can be reached at: 250.495.6191 | email@example.com
• Osoyoos Visitor Centre: OFFERING VIRTUAL VISITOR SERVICES ONLY
• Osoyoos Seniors Centre: CLOSED
• Oliver Seniors Centre: CLOSED
• Osoyoos Elks bingo: CLOSED
• Osoyoos Elks cribbage: CLOSED
• Osoyoos Child Care Centre: CLOSED
• Desert Sun Counselling and Resource Centre: CLOSED
GROCERIES, FOOD SERVICES AND RESTAURANTS
• AG FOODS: OPEN WITH FIRST HOUR OPEN TO SENIORS AND THOSE IN NEED
• BUY LOW FOODS: OPEN WITH FIRST HOUR OPEN TO SENIORS AND THOSE IN NEED
• The Owl pub: CLOSED
• The Owl Liquor Store: OPEN
• Sage Liquor store: OPEN WITH DELIVERY AVAILABLE
• McDonalds: DRIVE-THRU ONLY
• A&W: DRIVE-THRU ONLY
• Tim Hortons: LOBBY OPEN UNTIL 3:30 PM FOR TAKE-OUT, DRIVE-THRU AVAILABLE
• Lake Village Bakery: LIMITED CONTACTLESS PICK-UP & DELIVERY MENU
• Black Sage Butcher: PREORDER PICK UP ONLY
• Oliver Eats: OPEN WITH LIMITED SEATING AND HOME DELIVERY OPTIONS AVAILABLE
• Miradoro Restaurant: TAKEOUT ONLY (12PM-6PM)
• Kozo Cafe: OPEN MON-FRI LUNCH 11:30AM-2:30PM AND DINNER 4:30PM-6PM
• Campo Marina: CLOSED
• Convivia Bistro Cuisine: OPEN AND TAKE OUT AVAILABLE
• Diamond Steak and Seafood House: CLOSED
• Dairy Queen Osoyoos: DRIVE THROUGH OR TAKE OUT ONLY
• JoJos Café: CLOSED
• Pizza Factory: OPEN WITH VERY LIMITED SEATING
• Rattlesnake Lounge: CLOSED
• Smitty’s Osoyoos: CLOSED
• Golden Chopsticks: OPEN AND OFFERING FREE LOCAL DELIVERY
• The Restaurant at Watermark: OPEN FOR TAKEOUT
• Osoyoos Fruit Basket: PICK UP ORDERS ONLY, text 250-689-8988
• Boston Pizza: CLOSED
• Kismet: STARTING APRIL 02 2020 WE WILL BE OPENING OUR RESTAURANT FOR TAKEOUTS FROM 12:00PM TO 7:00PM EVERYDAY
• Terrafina: FRESH SHEET AVAILABLE FOR DINNER DELIVERY EVERY WEDNESDAY AND SATURDAY
• Sugar Quail Bakery: OPEN BUT ONLY 1 PERSON ALLOWED IN AT A TIME
• Indian Flame: OPEN DAILY 4-8 PM FOR TAKE-OUT AND DELIVERY
• The Bear, The Fish, The Root & The Berry @ Spirit Ridge Resort: OPEN FOR TAKE-OUT AND DELIVERY
RETAIL AND SHOPPING
• Osoyoos Thrift Store: CLOSED
• Osoyoos Flea market: CLOSED
• Home Hardware: OPEN (AISLES ARE BLOCKED OFF SO STAFF WILL DO SHOPPING FOR YOU) AND OFFERING DAILY DELIVERY SERVICE (EXCEPT SUNDAY’S) BETWEEN 9-11AM AND 2-4PM
• Shoppers Drug Mart: OPEN – FIRST HOUR (8AM – 9AM) FOR SENIORS AND THOSE IN NEED ONLY
• Kailey Fruit Market: CLOSED
• Sandhu Greenhouses: OPEN
• Polka Dot Door Floral Design Boutique:OFFERING NO-CONTACT DELIVERY
• The Source Osoyoos: CLOSED
• Fields Osoyoos: REDUCED HOURS TUES-SAT 10AM-5PM AND CLOSED SUNDAY/MONDAY
• Red Apple Osoyoos: OPEN MON-SAT 10-5 AND SUNDAY 11-5 MAX 10 PEOPLE IN HE STORE AT ONE TIME
Hotels, motels, and resorts have been listed as an essential service by the Province of British Columbia. Please visit our accommodations page and contact properties directly to book.
• Island View Campground: NO NEW ARRIVALS
• Nk’Mip Campground: CLOSED
• La Maison Osoyoos Larose: CLOSED UNTIL MAY
RECREATION, ATTRACTIONS AND ACTIVITIES:
• Nk’Mip Desert Cultural Centre: CLOSED
• Desert Model Railroad:CLOSED
• The Art Gallery Osoyoos: CLOSED
• Frank Venables Theatre: EVENTS FOR APRIL & MAY ARE CURRENTLY POSTPONED
• Oliver Movie Theatre: CLOSED
• Baldy Mountain Resort: CLOSED
• Kobau Lanes: CLOSED
• Wine Tours Gone South: CLOSED
• OK Wine shuttle: CLOSED
• Osoyoos Golf Club: CLOSED
• Sonora Dunes Golf Club: CLOSED
FITNESS, SPA AND WELLNESS SERVICES:
• Advanced Fitness Club: CLOSED
• Vengeance Fitness: CLOSED
• Levia Wellness Spa: CLOSED
• Sunshine Valley Chiropractic: CLOSED
• Lakeside Laser Lounge: CLOSED
• Dance Oasis Studio: CLOSED
• Mindful+ Yoga Studio: CLOSED
• South Okanagan Massage Therapy: CLOSED
• Osoyoos Nail Studio: CLOSED
• Solterra Desert Spa: CLOSED
• Studio 23: CLOSED
• Saffron Hair Design: CLOSED
• Salon 85: CLOSED
• Beyond Beauty: CLOSED
• The Good Life: CLOSED
• Luna Del Sol: CLOSED
• Rhone Beauty: CLOSED
• Dirty Hairy’s Barber: CLOSED
• Art Therapy Corp: CLOSED
• Kitty’s Dog Walking Services: RESTRICTED SERVICES AVAILABLE
• Shell Station: PAY AT PUMP AND WINDOW SERVICE AVAILABLE. CONVENIENCE STORE OPEN – MAXIMUM 2 PEOPLE ALLOWED
• Osoyoos Travel: CLOSED
• Osoyoos Credit Union: OPEN 10AM – 2PM TUESDAY TO SATURDAY WITH LIMITED TELLERS
All wineries are open for wine purchases only (no tastings). Many of our wineries are currently offering discounted or complimentary shipping, limited contact pick-up, or local delivery. CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE.
Please contact the wineries directly to confirm as this information changes regularly:
ADEGA ON 45TH: 10-5pm Tuesday/Thursday/Friday (Order by phone only)
BLACK HILLS: 11-5pm daily
BARTIER BROS: 11-4pm Thursday to Monday
BORDERTOWN: 11-4pm daily 6 person max at a time
BURROWING OWL: 10-4pm Monday to Friday
CC JENTSCH: 11-5pm Monday to Friday Pick up only through online and phone orders
CULMINA (by appointment): open Friday- Sunday 1 party/ 6 person max at a time
FAIRVIEW CELLARS: by appt only
GEHRINGER BROS: Order by phone or email
HESTER CREEK: 10-4pm daily
HIDDEN CHAPEL: 11-5pm Friday to Monday
INNISKILLIN OKANAGAN: 10-5pm daily
INTERSECTION: Open for sales 12-4pm daily
JACKSON-TRIGGS: 11-4pm daily
LAKESIDE CELLARS: 11-5pm Thursday to Monday for appointment only and sales
MAVERICK: 1-5 pm Saturday to Sunday
MOON CURSER: Offering orders by phone or email Monday-Friday 10-5pm for pick-up at winery
NK’MIP CELLARS: Offering pick up outside of winery entrance, orders must be made by phone or email 10-5pm daily
OLIVER TWIST ESTATE WINERY: 10-5:30, Tuesday to Saturday for curbside pick-up and sales. Online store is open with free shipping.
RIVER STONE ESTATE WINERY: 11-5pm Thursday to Sunday for drive through and email orders
ROAD 13: Offering online or phone orders with free shipping or pick up available
RUST WINE CO: Offering online orders12- 4pm Thursday to Monday
STONEBOAT: 10- 4pm Monday to Friday
SILVER SAGE: 10-5pm daily
TINHORN CREEK: 10-6pm daily
VINAMITÉ: Offering orders by phone and local delivery can be arranged Friday to Sunday 11-4pm
SIMILKAMEEN INDEPENDENT WINEGROWERS WINERIES
Clos Du Soleil Winery: Free shipping on all orders; 10% discount on orders of 6+ bottles; drive-through pickup. Please call or text your order to (250) 499-0685, giving our team 24 hours notice.
Corcelettes Estate Winery: Free shipping within Canada on 12+ bottles using code “HOME2020” and no-contact pick up.
Crowsnest Vineyards: Free shipping and 10% off all orders; no-contact pick up for wine and restaurant. Call 250-499-5129 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
EauVivre Winery: Free shipping on 12+ bottles within Canada; discounted shipping on smaller orders. No-contact pickups available weekends or by appointment on weekdays.
Forbidden Fruit Winery: 15% off for online orders of 12+ bottles of wine using coupon code “SpringFling” until April 30. Shipping available or call for no-contact pick up.
Klippers Untangled Cidery: Pick up and shipping services. Contact cidery at 250-499-0758.
Liber Farm & Winery: Free shipping on 12+ bottles or call to arrange no-contact pick up.
Hugging Tree Winery: Free shipping 12+ bottles, email email@example.com to place your order.
Orofino Vineyards: Free shipping within Canada.
Robin Ridge Winery: Online sales. Shipping and no-contact pick up available.
Rustic Roots Winery: Free shipping and 15% discount on all orders. Call for no-contact pick up.
Seven Stones Winery: Online sales available for 6+ bottles. Shipping available or call 250-499-2144 for no contact pick up.
Twisted Hills Craft Cider: Free shipping within BC for 12+ bottles; free local deliveries within the Similkameen Valley. Place online orders by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vanessa Vineyards: Free shipping within BC for 12+ bottles for online orders.