7 Stories @ Venables Theatre
- Fri • April 28, 2023 • 7:30 PM
- Sat • April 29, 2023 • 7:30 PM
- Sun • April 30, 2023 • 2:00 PM
- Fri • May 5, 2023 • 7:30 PM
- Sat • May 6, 2023 • 7:30 PM
7 Stories is a black comedy by Morris Panych, which premiered at the Arts Club Theatre, Vancouver, BC in May, 1989.
The play is set on the seventh storey ledge of an apartment building, in front of several windows. The protagonist, simply named “Man,” stands on the ledge, contemplating a jump, but he is constantly delayed by interruptions from the individuals in the apartments, who are all are attempting to escape their own limitations, to explore other ways of being and perceiving.
An old woman, Lillian, functions as a kind of seer in the play. Her advice to the Man that he must fly – must rise above his limited and negative point of view – is an indicator that the imagination can create for itself a freer environment, a larger space. For Lillian, her enclosed space, a small room which she has not left for fifty years, can be very large.
Freedom is a state of mind.
See full details on SOAP Theatre’s website at soplayers.ca/stories
Five Performances Only:
- Friday-Saturday April 28-29 at 7:30 pm
- Sunday matinee April 30 at 2:00 pm
- Friday-Saturday May 5-6 at 7:30 pm
- Adults $25 day of show; $23 in advance
- Students: $15 day of show; $13 in advance
- Further Savings on Adult tickets:
- Buy tickets to two different shows this season for only $21 each
- Buy tickets to all three shows this season for only $19 each
- Use the promo code GROUP to get 10 or more tickets to any one show for only $19 each
- Venables Theatre
- 6100 Gala Street, Oliver, , V0H 1T0
- View Website