COVID- 19 (Coronavirus) Update
Destination Osoyoos continues to monitor the situation closely to ensure the most up-to-date information is available and recommended practices and protocols are followed.
The information below is precautionary and for information sharing purposes. It does not indicate any additional risk in our community. For additional resources, please visit hellobc.com.
Updated November 20th, 2020: At this time, all non-essential travel should be avoided. This includes travel into and out of BC and between regions of the province. Let’s do our part by following provincial health orders and continuing to support local businesses in accordance with the latest health orders.
Masks are now required for everyone in all public indoor settings, retail stores, and workplaces. People who cannot wear a mask or who cannot put on or remove a mask on their own are exempt.
Employers are expected to enforce the mandatory mask policy with both employees and customers. A customer can be refused entry or service if they do not wear a mask. Learn more.
Know Before You Go:
Planning and Prevention Measures
- Visit Health Link BC’s website.
- Call the Health Canada 2019 COVID-19 information line: 1-833-784-4397. Interpretation services are available in multiple languages. Or email: email@example.com
- Visit the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)’s website for the latest outbreak update on COVID-19.
- Visit the Health Link BC website for detailed information on COVID-19, including FAQs.
- Visit the BC Centre for Disease Control (BC CDC) website for the latest on how to prevent the transmission of diseases. Follow BC CDC on Twitter for regular updates: @CDCofBC
- Follow Canada’s Chief Public Health Officer, Dr. Theresa Tam, on Twitter: @CPHO_Canada
- Learn more about the British Columbia Pandemic Provincial Coordination Plan.
The Canadian border remains closed for recreational tourism, so we are asking our international visitors to dream now and explore BC later when the time is right. While the border remains open for essential travel purposes, any visitor who arrives from outside of Canada must quarantine for 14 days.
See the Canadian Border Services Agency website for the latest updates.
The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) is announcing that as of July 31, 2020, at 12:01 am PDT stricter rules and additional entry conditions will be imposed on travellers transiting through Canada to Alaska for a non-discretionary purpose. These measures are put in place to further reduce the risk of introduction of COVID-19 cases and to minimize the amount of time that in-transit travellers are in Canada.
More specifically, in-transit foreign nationals:
- must enter Canada at one of the five identified CBSA ports of entry (POE)
- Abbotsford-Huntingdon (British Columbia)
- Coutts (Alberta)
- Kingsgate (British Columbia)
- North Portal (Saskatchewan)
- Osoyoos (British Columbia)
- will be allowed a reasonable period of stay to carry out the transit
- will be limited to travel within Canada using the most direct route from the POE to the intended POE of exit, while avoiding all national parks, leisure sites and tourism activities
- will be required, before entering the U.S., to report to the nearest CBSA POE to confirm their exit from Canada
Osoyoos Business Updates
In an effort to encourage social distancing and prevent the spread of COVID-19, our local businesses in Osoyoos are taking preventative measures in order to help protect our community and provide a safe environment for visitors, and residences alike. Please see below for temporary business closures, special hours, or services being offered during this time.
The Osoyoos Visitor Centre reopened as of June 1st, 2020 with new safety measures in place.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 250-495-5070, or message us on google for virtual visitor inquiries and click here for more information on visitor centre hours and to find our updated reopening plan.
Osoyoos Business and Services*:
*Please note that this information changes frequently, and we recommend contacting specific businesses to confirm hours of operation, services and health and safety protocols offered.
OSOYOOS COMMUNITY SERVICES
• Osoyoos Visitor Centre: OPEN TUES-SAT 9:30AM – 3:30PM
• Osoyoos public parks, trails, walkways and beaches: OPEN
• Boat Trailer Parking (Paid): CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
• Skateboard Park: OPEN
• Osoyoos Dog Park: OPEN
• Kinsmen Park Playground: OPEN
• Lions Park Playground: OPEN
• Osoyoos Splash Park: CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
• Sunrise Marina: CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
• Pickleball Courts: OPEN
• Sun Bowl Arena: Contact Sonora Community Centre for more info.
• Sonora Community Centre: OPEN (BY APPOINTMENT)
• Osoyoos Library: OPEN TUESDAY-SATURDAY
• Osoyoos Firehall: BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
• Desert Park: CLOSED
• Public tennis courts: OPEN
• Planning and Development Services: CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC | Planning and Development Services can be reached at: 250.495.6191 | email@example.com
• Osoyoos Seniors Centre: CLOSED UNTIL DEC 7th
• Oliver Seniors Centre: CLOSED UNTIL DEC 7th
• Osoyoos Elks bingo: CLOSED UNTIL DEC 7th
• Osoyoos Elks cribbage: CLOSED
• Osoyoos Child Care Centre: OPEN
• Desert Sun Counselling and Resource Centre: OPEN – OFFERING VIRTUAL SERVICES
• Osoyoos Legion: OPEN
• Osoyoos Farmers’ Market: INDOOR MARKETS AT THE SONORA COMMUNITY CENTRE SATURDAY NOV 7th & 28th, DEC 12th, FEB 13th & MARCH 13th
• Marina Washroom: Open Daily 7:00am – 7:00pm
• Goodman Park Washroom: Open Daily – 7:00am – 7:00pm
• Pioneer Walkway Washroom: Closed for the season
GROCERIES, FOOD SERVICES AND RESTAURANTS
• 7-11 Food Services: OPEN
• AG Foods: OPEN WITH FIRST HOUR OPEN TO SENIORS AND THOSE IN NEED
• A&W: OPEN
• The Bear, The Fish, The Root & The Berry: OPEN
• Buy Low Foods: OPEN WITH FIRST HOUR OPEN TO SENIORS AND THOSE IN NEED
• Boston Pizza: OPEN
• Campo Marina: TAKEOUT ONLY UNTIL DEC 19th
• Convivia Bistro Cuisine: OPEN THURS-MON 4.30-9PM
• Dairy Queen Osoyoos: OPEN FOR TAKEOUT AND DRIVE THRU
• Diamond Steak and Seafood House: OPEN WED-SUN 4-9.30PM
• Footprints Beach Bar & Grill: CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
• Golden Chopsticks: OPEN
• Indian Flame on Main: OPEN DAILY 3:30-8.30 PM TAKE-OUT ONLY UNTIL DEC 7th
• JoJos Café: OPEN FOR TAKEOUT WITH LIMITED OUTDOOR SEATING MONDAY – SATURDAY 8-3 PM
• Junction 3 Coffee House: OPEN
• Kozo Cafe: OPEN MON-FRI LUNCH 11:30AM-2:30PM AND DINNER 4PM-6PM
• Lake Village Bakery: OPEN WED – SUN 9AM-3PM, PRE-ORDERS STRONGLY ENCOURAGED. ONLY 1 PERSON PER FAMILY TO WAIT IN THE LINE-UP
• Masala Bistro: OPEN THURS – TUES 12:00PM TO 7:00PM
• McDonalds: OPEN
• Miradoro Restaurant: OPEN 11:30AM – 9PM
• O’Delights Asian Fusion Restaurant: OPEN WED-MON
• The Owl pub: OPEN
• Pizza Factory: OPEN
• Roberto’s Gelato: CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
• The Restaurant at Watermark: OPEN WED-SUN
• The Sage Pub: OPEN
• Smitty’s Osoyoos: OPEN
• Sugar Quail Bakery: OPEN TUES-SAT BUT ONLY 1 PERSON/PARTY ALLOWED IN AT A TIME
• Terrafina: OPEN WED-SUN 11:30AM – 8PM
• Tim Hortons: OPEN
• Subway: OPEN
• Wander Home Café: OPEN
• Wildfire Grill: CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
• North Basin Brewing Co.: OPEN
• Brar Fruit Stand and Orchards: OPEN DAILY 8AM – 7PM
• Casa Del Mell Orchards: OPEN DAILY 9AM-6PM
• C&C Family Orchards: OPEN FRI-SUN 10AM -5PM
• Fernandes Fruit Market: OPEN DAILY 9AM-6PM
• Kailey Fruit Market: OPEN TUES 12-3PM & SAT 11-4PM
• Osoyoos Fruit Basket: OPEN DAILY 9 AM – 4PM
• Osoyoos Fruit Market: OPEN DAILY 8AM-7PM
• Peach Hill Farm Market:
RETAIL AND SHOPPING
• Cheeks Wear: OPEN
• Elvis Fine Jewelry: OPEN TUESDAY-SATURDAY
• Fields Osoyoos: OPEN
• Home Hardware: OPEN
• Lady Chadderton’s: OPEN WED-SAT 10-4
• Osoyoos Thrift Store: CLOSED
• Osoyoos Flea market: OPEN SATURDAYS 8:30-11:00 AM
• Polka Dot Door Floral Design Boutique: OPEN MONDAY – FRIDAY 10AM – 2PM
• Red Apple Osoyoos: OPEN
• Sandhu Greenhouses: OPEN
• Shoppers Drug Mart: OPEN – FIRST HOUR (8AM – 9AM) FOR SENIORS AND THOSE IN NEED ONLY
• The Source Osoyoos: OPEN
• Wander Home: OPEN
For Osoyoos hotels, motels, resorts, and bed and breakfasts, please visit our accommodations page and contact properties directly to book.
CAMPING & RV
• Brookvale Holiday Resort: OPEN
• Cabana Beach Campground: CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
• Island View Campground: OPEN
• Nk’Mip Campground: OPEN
• Osoyoos RV & Waterslides: CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
• Walton’s Lakefront Resort: CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
• sẁiẁs Provincial Park (Haynes Point): CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
RECREATION, ATTRACTIONS AND ACTIVITIES:
• ATB Watersports: CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
• The Art Gallery Osoyoos: OPEN
• Coyotes Sports Simulation: OPEN TUES-SAT 10AM-6PM (OUTSIDE OF THESE HOURS PLEASE CALL TO ARRANGE AN APPOINTMENT)
• Double O Bikes: OPEN TUES-SAT 9AM-4PM MAX 3 PEOPLE ALLOWED IN STORE.
• Kobau Lanes: OPEN FOR PRIVATE BOOKINGS
• MOXIE Tours: OPEN FOR PRIVATE BOOKINGS
• Nk’Mip Desert Cultural Centre: OPEN MONDAY-FRIDAY 9AM-3:30PM
• Osoyoos Desert Centre: CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
• Osoyoos Desert Model Railroad: OPEN MONDAY-FRIDAY 10-5PM & SATURDAY 12-5PM
• Osoyoos Golf Club: CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
• OK Wine shuttle: CLOSED
• Sonora Dunes Golf Club: CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
• Wakepilot: CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
• Wine Tours Gone South: OPEN
FITNESS, SPA AND WELLNESS SERVICES:
• Advanced Fitness Club: OPEN
• Beyond Beauty: OPEN
• Dance Oasis Studio: TEMPORARILY CLOSED, ONLINE CLASSES
• Dirty Hairy’s Barber: OPEN
• The Good Life: OPEN
• Lakeside Laser Lounge: CLOSED TO NEW CLIENTS
• Levia Wellness Spa: OPEN
• Luna Del Sol: OPEN
• Mindful+ Yoga Studio: OFFERING ONLINE CLASSES
• Mike’s Barber Shop: OPEN
• Move Therapies: OPEN
• Osoyoos Nail Studio: OPEN
• Rhone Beauty: OPEN
• Saffron Hair Design: OPEN
• Salon 85: OPEN
• Solterra Desert Spa: OPEN
• South Okanagan Massage Therapy: OPEN
• Studio 23: OPEN
• Sunshine Valley Chiropractic: OPEN
• Vengeance Fitness: OPEN
All wineries are open for wine purchases. Many of our wineries are currently offering discounted or complimentary shipping, limited contact pick-up, or local delivery. CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE.
Please contact the wineries directly to confirm as this information changes regularly:
ADEGA ON 45TH: Open for tastings 10-5pm daily
BLACK HILLS: Open for tastings 11-5pm daily
BLUE SKY: CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
BARTIER BROS: CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
BORDERTOWN: Open daily 11- 4pm
BURROWING OWL: Open Mon-Wed 10-4pm & Thurs-Sun 10-5pm
CASTORO DE ORO: Open by appointment only
CC JENTSCH: 10-5pm Monday to Friday for Pick up only through online and phone orders
CHECKMATE ARTISANAL WINERY: Open by appointment only.
CHURCH AND STATE: Open Wed- Sun 11am- 5pm
COVERT FARMS: Sat-Sun by appointment. Several tasting options available, reserve online
CULMINA: Open for Tastings Fri-Sun 10-5pm by reservation only
DESERT HILLS ESTATE WINERY: Open daily 10-5:30pm
FAIRVIEW CELLARS: Open by appointment only.
GEHRINGER BROTHERS: Open for curbside pick up only Mon-Sat 10-4:30pm
GOLD HILL: CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
HERE’S THE THING: CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
HESTER CREEK: Open Daily 10-4pm
HIDDEN CHAPEL: CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
INNISKILLIN OKANAGAN: Open daily 11- 4pm for tastings by appointment.
INTERSECTION: Open Fri- Mon 12-5pm
JACKSON-TRIGGS: Open daily 11- 4pm for tastings by appointment.
KISMET: Open daily 10-6pm
LA CASA BIANCA: Open by appointment only
LAKESIDE CELLARS: Open Thurs-Mon 11-5pm. Reservations recommended
LARIANA: CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
LA STELLA: Open by appointment only.
LE VIEUX PIN: Open by appointment only.
MAVERICK: CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
MOON CURSER: Open Mon-Fri 10-5pm for curb side pick up only. Call 250-495-5161
NK’MIP CELLARS: Tasting by appointment 10-5pm daily
OLIVER TWIST ESTATE WINERY: Open for tastings 10-5:30 daily
PHANTOM CREEK: Open Thurs-Mon 11-5pm for tours and tastings by reservation only
PIPE DREAMS: Open Thurs- Sun 11-4pm
PLATINUM BENCH WINERY: Open Fri-Mon
QUINTA FERREIRA ESTATE WINERY: Open by appointment only.
RIVER STONE ESTATE WINERY: CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
ROAD 13: Open Thurs-Mon 11-4pm, reservations required.
RUST WINE CO: Open Thurs-Mon 12-4pm
SECOND CHAPTER WINE CO.: CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
SQUEEZED WINERY + DISTILLERY: Open by appointment only.
STONEBOAT: Open weekends 11am- 5pm
SILVER SAGE: Open for tastings 10-5pm daily
TINHORN CREEK: Open for tastings daily 11-5pm
VINAMITÉ: Open daily 11-4pm. Tasting room closed until Dec 4th
YOUNG & WYSE: Open by appointment only.
TUMBLEWEED SPIRITS DISTILLERY: Open for tastings Fri-Sat 12-5pm
FAUSTINO ESTATE CIDERY: Open for tastings Fri-Mon 11-5pm
SIMILKAMEEN INDEPENDENT WINEGROWERS WINERIES
Clos Du Soleil Winery – Open for tastings Thurs-Sun through the fall and winter. Reservations required. Book online or call (250) 499-0685.
Corcelettes Estate Winery – Open for tastings Fri- Sat 11am – 4pm. Reservations required. Book online.
Crowsnest Vineyards – Tastings/flights at tasting bar and restaurant through the winter. Dinner Thurs-Sun, Weekend brunches 10am-2pm. Bread available daily. Hours vary. Tentatively closed Nov 1-15. Call 250-499-5129 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
EauVivre Winery – Open Thurs-Sun for tastings and sales 10:30am – 5:30pm. Walk-ins welcomed.
Forbidden Fruit Winery – Open by appointment starting Nov 2.
Klippers Untangled Cider – Cidery and Row 14 Restaurant open Wed-Sun. Cidery hours; 11am- 5pm. Row 14 hours; 12pm-8pm.
Liber Farm & Winery – Tasting room closed for the season.
Hugging Tree Winery – Open for tastings Fri-Sat by appointment only 11am-4pm.
Orofino Vineyards — Tasting room closed for the season.
Robin Ridge Winery – Open for tastings and sales Fri-Sat 12pm-4pm.
Rustic Roots Winery – Open 10am-5pm Mon-Fri. Check chalkboard for weekends.
Seven Stones Winery – Open for tastings Fri-Sun by appointment only. Call 250.499.2144.
Twisted Hills Craft Cider – Open Sat-Sun 11am-5pm and weekdays by appointment. Walk-ins welcome.