COVID- 19 (Coronavirus) Update
Destination Osoyoos continues to monitor the situation closely to ensure the most up-to-date information is available and recommended practices and protocols are followed.
The information below is precautionary and for information sharing purposes. It does not indicate any additional risk in our community. For additional resources, please visit hellobc.com.
Adventure. Beauty. Connection. Tranquility. Whatever you’re seeking, or craving, as you venture back out into the world, thankfully, you don’t need to travel far. You can experience incredible nature, culture, flavour, and adventure right here in BC’s wild backyard. Our home is unlike any other place on earth, and this summer, you can rediscover its natural beauty. Learn More.
Know Before You Go:
Planning and Prevention Measures
To protect yourself and do your part in containment of the virus, follow the same advice for cold and flu season: wash your hands often with soap and water, cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, avoid others who are unwell, and stay home when you are sick. Visit the BC Centre for Disease Control (BC CDC)’s website here for more detailed preventative measures.
Travelling Safely and Responsibly in BC
Travelling in BC may be a little different this year. We’ll need to take more time with planning, and be more conscious of our impact on communities—especially the smaller ones, when we visit. As a starting point, Destination BC has compiled 10 tips to help you plan and travel responsibly in BC this summer. Click here to learn more.
The Canadian border remains closed for recreational tourism, so we are asking our international visitors to dream now and explore BC later when the time is right. While the border remains open for essential travel purposes, any visitor who arrives from outside of Canada must quarantine for 14 days.
See the Canadian Border Services Agency website for the latest updates.
The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) is announcing that as of July 31, 2020, at 12:01 am PDT stricter rules and additional entry conditions will be imposed on travellers transiting through Canada to Alaska for a non-discretionary purpose. These measures are put in place to further reduce the risk of introduction of COVID-19 cases and to minimize the amount of time that in-transit travellers are in Canada.
More specifically, in-transit foreign nationals:
- must enter Canada at one of the five identified CBSA ports of entry (POE)
- Abbotsford-Huntingdon (British Columbia)
- Coutts (Alberta)
- Kingsgate (British Columbia)
- North Portal (Saskatchewan)
- Osoyoos (British Columbia)
- will be allowed a reasonable period of stay to carry out the transit
- will be limited to travel within Canada using the most direct route from the POE to the intended POE of exit, while avoiding all national parks, leisure sites and tourism activities
- will be required, before entering the U.S., to report to the nearest CBSA POE to confirm their exit from Canada
Osoyoos Business Updates
In an effort to encourage social distancing and prevent the spread of COVID-19, our local businesses in Osoyoos are taking preventative measures in order to help protect our community and provide a safe environment for visitors, and residences alike. Please see below for temporary business closures, special hours, or services being offered during this time.
The Osoyoos Visitor Centre reopened as of June 1st, 2020 with new safety measures in place.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 250-495-5070, or message us on google for virtual visitor inquiries and click here for more information on visitor centre hours and to find our updated reopening plan.
Osoyoos Business and Services*:
*Please note that this information changes frequently, and we recommend contacting specific businesses to confirm hours of operation or services offered.
OSOYOOS COMMUNITY SERVICES
• Osoyoos Visitor Centre: OPEN DAILY 9-4
• Osoyoos public parks, trails, walkways and beaches: OPEN
• Boat Trailer Parking (Paid): OPEN
• Skateboard Park: OPEN
• Osoyoos Dog Park: OPEN
• Kinsmen Park Playground: OPEN
• Lions Park Playground: OPEN
• Osoyoos Splash Park: OPEN
• Sunrise Marina: OPEN
• Pickleball Courts: OPEN
• Sunbowl Arena: Contact Sonora Community Centre for more info.
• Sonora Community Centre: OPEN (BY APPOINTMENT)
• Osoyoos Library: OPEN TUESDAY-SATURDAY
• Osoyoos Firehall: CLOSED
• Desert Park: CLOSED
• Public tennis courts: OPEN
• Planning and Development Services: CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC | Planning and Development Services can be reached at: 250.495.6191 | email@example.com
• Osoyoos Seniors Centre: CLOSED
• Oliver Seniors Centre: CLOSED
• Osoyoos Elks bingo: CLOSED
• Osoyoos Elks cribbage: CLOSED
• Osoyoos Child Care Centre: OPEN
• Desert Sun Counselling and Resource Centre: OPEN – OFFERING VIRTUAL SERVICES
• Osoyoos Legion: OPEN
• Osoyoos Market on Main: CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
• Marina Washroom: Open Daily 7:00am – 7:00pm
• Goodman Park Washroom: Open Daily – 7:00am – 7:00pm
• Pioneer Walkway Washroom: Open Daily – 24 Hours
GROCERIES, FOOD SERVICES AND RESTAURANTS
• 7-11 Food Services: OPEN
• AG Foods: OPEN WITH FIRST HOUR OPEN TO SENIORS AND THOSE IN NEED
• A&W: OPEN
• The Bear, The Fish, The Root & The Berry: OPEN
• Buy Low Foods: OPEN WITH FIRST HOUR OPEN TO SENIORS AND THOSE IN NEED
• Boston Pizza: OPEN
• Campo Marina: OPEN TUES- SAT FROM 5PM
• Convivia Bistro Cuisine: OPEN
• Dairy Queen Osoyoos: OPEN FOR TAKEOUT AND DRIVE THRU
• Diamond Steak and Seafood House: OPEN
• Footprints Beach Bar & Grill: CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
• Golden Chopsticks: OPEN
• Indian Flame on Main: OPEN DAILY 3:30-9 PM FOR TAKE-OUT AND DINE IN
• JoJos Café: OPEN FOR TAKEOUT WITH LIMITED OUTDOOR SEATING MONDAY – SATURDAY 8-3 PM
• Junction 3 Coffee House: OPEN
• Kozo Cafe: OPEN MON-FRI LUNCH 11:30AM-2:30PM AND DINNER 4:30PM-6PM
• Lake Village Bakery: OPEN WED – SAT 9AM-1PM, PRE-ORDERS STRONGLY ENCOURAGED. ONLY 1 PERSON PER FAMILY TO WAIT IN THE LINE-UP
• Masala Bistro: OPEN DAILY FROM 12:00 PM TO 7:00 PM
• McDonalds: OPEN
• Miradoro Restaurant: OPEN 11:30 AM – 9PM
• O’Delights Asian Fusion Restaurant: OPEN
• The Owl pub: OPEN
• Pizza Factory: OPEN
• Roberto’s Gelato: OPEN
• The Restaurant at Watermark: OPEN
• The Sage Pub: OPEN
• Smitty’s Osoyoos: OPEN
• Sugar Quail Bakery: OPEN TUES-SAT BUT ONLY 1 PERSON/PARTY ALLOWED IN AT A TIME
• Terrafina: OPEN DAILY 11:30 AM – 8 PM
• Tim Hortons: OPEN
• Subway: OPEN
• Spirit Beach Cantina: OPEN
• Wander Home Café: OPEN
• Wildfire Grill: OPEN
• Brar Fruit Stand and Orchards: OPEN DAILY 7:30 AM – 7:00 PM
• Casa Del Mell Orchards: OPEN DAILY 9AM-6PM
• C&C Family Orchards: OPEN DAILY 9AM -6PM
• Fernandes Fruit Market: OPEN DAILY 9AM-6PM
• Kailey Fruit Market: OPEN DAILY 10AM-5PM
• Osoyoos Fruit Basket: OPEN DAILY 8:30 AM – 7:30 PM
• Osoyoos Fruit Market: OPEN DAILY 8AM-7PM
• Peach Hill Farm Market: OPEN DAILY 8 AM – 6 PM
RETAIL AND SHOPPING
• Cheeks Wear: OPEN
• Elvis Fine Jewelry: OPEN TUESDAY-SATURDAY
• Fields Osoyoos: OPEN
• Home Hardware: OPEN
• Lady Chadderton’s: OPEN WED-SAT 10-4
• Osoyoos Thrift Store: CLOSED
• Osoyoos Flea market: CLOSED
• Polka Dot Door Floral Design Boutique: OPEN MONDAY – FRIDAY 10AM – 2PM
• Red Apple Osoyoos: OPEN
• Sandhu Greenhouses: OPEN
• Shoppers Drug Mart: OPEN – FIRST HOUR (8AM – 9AM) FOR SENIORS AND THOSE IN NEED ONLY
• The Source Osoyoos: OPEN
• Wander Home: OPEN
For Osoyoos hotels, motels, resorts, and bed and breakfasts, please visit our accommodations page and contact properties directly to book.
CAMPING & RV
• Brookvale Holiday Resort: OPEN FOR MULTI-NIGHT STAYS
• Cabana Beach Campground: FULLY BOOKED FOR SEASON
• Island View Campground: ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS
• Nk’Mip Campground: OPEN
• Osoyoos RV & Waterslides: OPEN
• Walton’s Lakefront Resort: ONLY ACCEPTING WEEKLY RESERVATION
• sẁiẁs Provincial Park (Haynes Point): OPEN UNTIL OCT 12th
RECREATION, ATTRACTIONS AND ACTIVITIES:
• ATB Watersports: OPEN BY RESERVATION
• The Art Gallery Osoyoos: OPEN
• Coyotes Sports Simulation: OPEN TUES-SAT 10AM-6PM (OUTSIDE OF THESE HOURS PLEASE CALL TO ARRANGE AN APPOINTMENT)
• Double O Bikes: OPEN TUES-SAT 9AM-4PM MAX 3 PEOPLE ALLOWED IN STORE.
• Kobau Lanes: OPEN FOR PRIVATE BOOKINGS
• MOXIE Tours: OPEN FOR PRIVATE BOOKINGS
• Nk’Mip Desert Cultural Centre: OPEN MONDAY-FRIDAY 9AM-3:30PM
• Osoyoos Desert Centre: OPEN WED-SUN 10AM – 2PM
• Osoyoos Desert Model Railroad: OPEN MONDAY-FRIDAY 10-5PM & SATURDAY 12-5PM
• Osoyoos Golf Club: OPEN
• OK Wine shuttle: CLOSED
• Sonora Dunes Golf Club: OPEN
• Wakepilot: OPEN WITH RESTRICTIONS
• Wine Tours Gone South: OPEN
FITNESS, SPA AND WELLNESS SERVICES:
• Advanced Fitness Club: OPEN
• Beyond Beauty: OPEN
• Dance Oasis Studio: OPEN
• Dirty Hairy’s Barber: OPEN
• The Good Life: OPEN
• Lakeside Laser Lounge: CLOSED TO NEW CLIENTS
• Levia Wellness Spa: OPEN
• Luna Del Sol: OPEN
• Mindful+ Yoga Studio: OFFERING ONLINE CLASSES
• Mike’s Barber Shop: OPEN
• Osoyoos Nail Studio: OPEN
• Rhone Beauty: OPEN
• Saffron Hair Design: OPEN
• Salon 85: OPEN
• Solterra Desert Spa: OPEN
• South Okanagan Massage Therapy: OPEN
• Studio 23: OPEN
• Sunshine Valley Chiropractic: OPEN
• Vengeance Fitness: OPEN
All wineries are open for wine purchases. Many of our wineries are currently offering discounted or complimentary shipping, limited contact pick-up, or local delivery. CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE.
Please contact the wineries directly to confirm as this information changes regularly:
ADEGA ON 45TH: Open for tastings 10-4pm daily
BLACK HILLS: Open for tastings 11-5pm daily
BLUE SKY: Open daily 11-4pm
BARTIER BROS: Open for tastings 11- 5pm daily
BORDERTOWN: Open daily 10- 6pm. 6 person max at a time
BURROWING OWL: Open for tastings 10-6pm daily
CASTORO DE ORO: Open Tues- Sun 11- 4pm. 2 groups of up to 4 or 1 large group at a time.
CC JENTSCH: 10-5pm Monday to Friday Pick up only through online and phone orders
CHECKMATE ARTISANAL WINERY: Open daily 11-6 for seated tastings. Reservations required
CHURCH AND STATE: Open Wed- Sun 11am- 5pm
COVERT FARMS: Wed-Sun by appointment. Several tasting options available, reserve online
CULMINA: Open for Tastings Daily 10-5pm by reservation only
DESERT HILLS ESTATE WINERY: Open daily 10-5:30pm
FAIRVIEW CELLARS: Open Daily 11-5pm by reservation only
GEHRINGER BROTHERS: Open Daily 10-5.30pm
GOLD HILL: Open 10- 5pm daily
HERE’S THE THING: Open for tastings 11- 5pm daily, reservation recommended
HESTER CREEK: Open Daily 10-6pm
HIDDEN CHAPEL: Open daily 10-5pm.
INNISKILLIN OKANAGAN: Open daily 11- 6pm for tastings by appointment.
INTERSECTION: Open Fri- Sat 12-5pm and Sun 12-4pm
JACKSON-TRIGGS: Open daily 11- 6pm for tastings by appointment..
KISMET: Open daily 10-6pm
LA CASA BIANCA: Online and phone orders only
LAKESIDE CELLARS: Open daily 11-5pm. Reservations recommended
LARIANA: Open Wed-Sun 11-4pm by appointment
LA STELLA: Open for tastings 10-5pm daily by reservation only
LE VIEUX PIN: Open for tastings 10-5pm daily by reservation only
MAVERICK: Open daily 11am- 5pm, reservations recommended
MOON CURSER: Open daily 10-5pm for tastings by appointment, reservations recommended call 250-495-5161. Pre-arranged orders are still available for pick-up M-F 10am-5pm only. Free Shipping on 6+bottles.
NK’MIP CELLARS: Tasting by appointment 10-6pm daily
OLIVER TWIST ESTATE WINERY: Open for tastings 10-5:30 daily
PHANTOM CREEK: Open daily for tours and tastings by reservation only
PIPE DREAMS: Open Wednesday- Sunday 11-4:30pm
PLATINUM BENCH WINERY: Open daily 10-6pm
QUINTA FERREIRA ESTATE WINERY: Open daily for tastings 10-6pm
RIVER STONE ESTATE WINERY: Open daily 11-5pm by Reservation
ROAD 13: Open daily for seated tastings 11-5pm, reservations required.
RUST WINE CO: Open daily 11- 7pm
SECOND CHAPTER WINE CO.: Open for tastings Thursday – Monday 11-6pm. Reservations encouraged.
SQUEEZED WINERY + DISTILLERY: Open daily 11- 6pm for tastings by appointment only.
STONEBOAT: Open daily 11am- 5pm
SILVER SAGE: Open for tastings 10-5pm daily
TINHORN CREEK: Open for tastings daily 11-6pm
VINAMITÉ: Open daily 11-4.30pm. Tastings by appointment only
YOUNG & WYSE: Open daily 11- 4pm for tastings by appointment
TUMBLEWEED SPIRITS DISTILLERY: Open for tastings Wed-Sat 12-5pm
FAUSTINO ESTATE CIDERY: Open for tastings Fri-Mon 11-4pm
SIMILKAMEEN INDEPENDENT WINEGROWERS WINERIES
Clos Du Soleil Winery – Open for tastings Thurs-Mon, 10am – 5pm. Reservations required. Order online or call (250) 499-0685 for sales and pick up. Free shipping 6+ plus bottles to BC and AB.
Corcelettes Estate Winery – Open daily 11am – 5pm for sales and seated tastings. Reservations highly recommended for tastings. Book on-line. Free shipping for Western Canada 6+ bottles (HOME2020)
Crowsnest Vineyards – Open daily for seated flight tastings, 10am-5:30pm. Restaurant/patio open daily. Free shipping and 10% off all orders. Call 250-499-5129 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
EauVivre Winery – Open for tastings daily from 10:30-5:30 now through Sept 7th. 10% discount with club member sign-up online or in person.
Forbidden Fruit Winery – Open for tastings Wed-Mon, 11am to 5pm & sales and curb side pick up. Closed Tuesdays. Shipping deals and select wine sales through On-line store.
Klippers Untangled Cider – Cidery open for tastings daily, 11am- 5pm, Row 14 Restaurant 12pm-8:pm. Online store for cider and organic products at www.shopklippers.ca.
Liber Farm & Winery – Open 10-6pm for online, phone and pick up orders only. Free 5L Organic Apple Juice with online pick up orders of 6+ bottles. Free shipping on orders of 7+ bottles to BC, AB, SK , MB.
Hugging Tree Winery – Free shipping 12+ bottles. Email email@example.com or call 250.499.2201 to place your order. No-contact pick up available. Note: New address! Click on winery for more information.
Orofino Vineyards — Open for sales and Thurs-Tuesday, 10am-5pm. Closed Wednesdays. Tastings reservations via website. Pick up or shipping available for online orders. Free case shipping within Canada.
Robin Ridge Winery – Open for tastings and sales daily 10am-5:30pm. Online sales, $10 shipping and no-contact pick up.
Rustic Roots Winery – Free shipping and 15% discount on all orders. Call for no-contact pick up. On-line ordering of wines, ciders, produce and more.
Seven Stones Winery – Open for tastings daily 10am-6pm. Reservations recommended. Call 250.499.2144 for drive through pick up.
Twisted Hills Craft Cider – Open for Tastings daily, 10:30 to 6pm. Shipping special within BC – flat rate $12 for 6 bottles and $24 for 12 bottles. Place online orders by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vanessa Vineyards – Open for tastings, Thurs-Mon, 10am-5:30. Reservations strongly recommended. Free shipping within BC for 12+ bottles for online orders. Drive through pick up available.