Skip to main content
Know Before You Go: Find links to weather and live webcams, driving conditions, and more for Osoyoos.

Health and Medical Information for Osoyoos Snowbirds

Out of Province Medical Information

What is and isn’t covered out of province?

In accordance with the Canada Health Act, medically necessary health care services are typically covered when travelling within Canada. In other words, if you become ill or have an accident in another province, your hospital and physician services will likely be covered. However, additional services, such as an ambulance, hospital transfer, or transportation back to your home province, will not be covered. If you have access to private group insurance (e.g., through your employer), check to find out whether you have coverage through your plan. If you want to avoid paying for these services out of pocket, you may want to consider purchasing medical insurance through a private insurance company.

What should I bring when travelling within Canada?

You should have your provincial health card with you at all times when you are travelling—you will need to show it. Your health card is your proof that you are insured under a provincial plan. If you don’t show your card, the doctor’s office may ask you to pay up front for the services. If this happens, you may still get reimbursed by your province of residence. Just remember to keep an original copy of the receipt and proof of payment in case your province asks for them. All provinces and territories have their own requirements; in some cases, you may have to fill out supporting documents as well.

For more information on out-of-province coverage, contact your provincial or territorial ministry of health.

Travel Within Canada:

As travel conditions are constantly changing, please visit the Travel Information & Updates page for the most up-to-date information.

Virtual Public Health Resources:

If you have health questions, you can call HealthLink BC at 8-1-1 toll-free in B.C., or for the deaf and hard of hearing, call 7-1-1. Our health service navigators can help you find health information or health services, or connect you with a nurse, dietitian, or pharmacist anytime of the day or night.

Babylon App by Telus Health
Babylon by TELUS Health lets you see a doctor*, or check symptoms from your phone, where and when it’s convenient for you.

*Doctor consultations are covered if you are covered under your British Columbia, Alberta, or Ontario provincial health insurance plan (MSP, AHCIP, OHIP).*

Doctor’s Offices:

Nk’Mip Resource Centre
1165 Sen Pok Chin Blvd, Oliver, BC | 250.498.6935
Visit Website

Limited walk in services available to the public twice a week.

Desert Doctors Clinic
8305 78th Avenue | 250.495.6565
Visit Website

Please note that this is a family practice, no walk in clinic available.

Osoyoos Medical Centre
7802 Spartan Drive | 250.495.2661
Visit Website

Please note that this is a family practice, no walk in clinic available.


South Okanagan General Hospital

911 McKinney Road, Oliver, BC | 250.498.5000
Visit Website

Penticton Regional Hospital

550 Carmi Avenue, Penticton, BC | 250.492.4000
Visit Website

Medical Laboratories:

Valley Medical Laboratory
#2 – 9150 Main Street | 250.495.2677
Visit Website

Dental Offices:

Osoyoos Dental Centre
8524 Main Street | 250.495.6144
Website | 

Sun Valley Dental Centre
6511 Main Street | 250.495.2393


Expert Hearing Solutions
#108 – 8309 Main Street | 250.495.7008
Website |

Beltone Hearing Clinic
8303 78th Avenue | 250.495.6535

Sound Advice Mobile Hearing & Clinic
Website |


FYI Doctors
#3 – 6511 Main Street | 250.495.2020


Osoyoos Chiropractic Clinic
8317 68th Avenue | 250.495.5431

Sunshine Valley Family Chiropractors
8507 74th Avenue | 250.495.4810
Website |

Physiotherapy & Homeopathy:

South Okanagan Physiotherapy & Active Wellness Centre
8301A – 78th Avenue | 250.495.2225
Website |

Osoyoos Massage Therapy
8317 68th Avenue | 250.495.2273
Website |

Heaven On Earth Total Body Care & Wellness
8315 Main Street | 250.495.1919

Website |

Move Therapies
#101- 7611 Spartan Drive | 250.535.1199
Website |


Pharmasave Health Centre
8301 C 78th Street | 250.495.7424

Shopper’s Drug Mart
8305 Main Street | 250.495.6055