The spring is a fantastic time to catch some warm, sunny weather before the summer rush hits. If you’re looking for a quiet, romantic getaway, spring is the time for you. Tour the wine country in peace and take the time to relax amid the beautiful vineyard views. Take a leisurely stroll on our many beautiful lakeshore walkways. Hike or bike in true solitude on our widespread system of trails. Tee off at one of our picturesque golf courses. The rows on rows of orchard blossoms are truly a sight to see.
Osoyoos’ desert golf courses are among the first to open in the spring throughout the Thompson Okanagan. The dry desert climate means you can start playing well before other courses open. Choose from the two local courses; the Osoyoos Golf Club which boasts two 18-hole courses that with delight every golfer or the Sonora Dunes 9-hole course over looking Osoyoos Lake. Make a weekend out of it and also play at the nearby Fairview Golf Course or Nk’Mip Canyon Desert Golf Course in Oliver. Start planning your spring golf getaway!
There is nothing like arriving to Osoyoos in the spring when the orchards are in full bloom! Rows upon rows of apple, cherry, peach, and pear trees are bursting with colour and fragrance Blossoms range in hue from the brightest of pink to the softest cream. The orchards are typically in bloom from the end of March through to the beginning of May every year. You might even get lucky and see a cactus in full bloom!
Each spring as the vines awaken from their short winter nap, the winery springs into action, too. Pruning and prepping to ensure the vines get the most sun possible to produce a bountiful harvest. And while summer is a popular time to tour wineries, there’s a number of reasons why the shoulder seasons are even better!
No line ups means no waiting, great parking, and personal service! Fewer people in tasting rooms means you can spend more time enjoying, talking and savouring every sip. Great wines often sell out. By touring in the spring you’re increasing your chances of getting all the wines you want! The snow stays up on the mountain for those that want to ski, but down in the valley, blooms and blossoms happen early and last right into the growing season. When bud break happens, you know the beautiful bright spring green grape leaves are soon to follow.
With over 50 wineries in the area to visit, start planning your wine tasting journey by checking out our Winery pages.
Enjoy the trails and pathways in Osoyoos early in the spring. Due to warmer temperatures and sunshine, Osoyoos trails are clear of snow and mud early in the spring. Take a trip along the International Hike and Bike trail, a 18km trail that connects Osoyoos Lake to Oliver. Take a stroll along Swiws (Haynes Point) Provincial Park and enjoy the lake view. Or take walk along the Canal Walkway where you’ll be greeted by orchards full of colorful blossoms.
After a quiet winter, locals and visitors alike are excited by all the great local events that happen in the spring.
- Delight your taste buds at the annual Osoyoos Oyster Festival happening April 26 & 27 when local chefs prepare seafood delicacies that pair with our fantastic South Okanagan wines.
- Celebrating its eighth year, the Pig Out festival offers a perfect way to herald the coming of the summer season in Oliver Osoyoos Wine Country. On Saturday May 4th, held at Covert Farms, the annual vineyard pig roast, which brings together chefs from several local restaurants, including Platinum Bench Bakery, Watermark Beach Resort, Miradoro at Tinhorn Creek Vineyards and Covert Farms.
- The Half Corked Marathon returns to the Wine Capital of Canada from May 24-26th. Sample some of the country’s finest wines and cuisine as you wind your way through the vineyards of Oliver Osoyoos Wine Country!
- Now in its 14th year, Cactus Jalopies brings over 500 unique, cool, and classic cars to Osoyoos from May 30th – June 2nd. From hot rod show n’ shines, garage tours, extreme motorcycle shows, wine country poker runs, and drag racing, this event is sure to delight the whole family!
- The Osoyoos Ribfest is returning for its second year June 21-23 at Gyro Park. Serving up the Best in Ribs, Chicken and Pulled Pork, you won’t go home hungry!
- This is just a sampling of the many great spring events that happen in Osoyoos every year. For more information and to see more events, visit our Online Events Calendar.
Looking for a getaway that won’t break the bank? Springtime is the ideal time to visit Osoyoos as accommodation prices remain relatively low and many hotels, motels, and resorts offer great spring packages and deals! Packages start at just $127 CAD.
Coast Osoyoos Beach Hotel – Runaway, Relax, Repeat Package
Watermark Beach Resort – Quickie Getaway Package
Walnut Beach Resort – Romance Package
Holiday Inn Osoyoos – Tim Hortons Package
So what are you waiting for? Start planning your spring getaway to gorgeous and sunny Osoyoos!